- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1-1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- 48oz chicken broth.
- 16oz water.
- 1 bunch of scallions, which are chopped and separated into white and green portions.
- 1 garlic clove, minced.
- 5 carrots peeled and sliced.
- 3 celery stalks sliced.
- 1 lemon juiced.
- 1.5 teaspoons dried dill.
- 1.5 teaspoons dried parsley.
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper.
- ½ cup orzo.
- ½-1 pound of lighter vegetables such as asparagus, zucchini etc.
Directions for Preparation:
- Pour some olive oil in a pan and cook the chicken breasts with water, whites of the scallions, garlic carrots, celery, lemon juice, dill, parsley, white pepper in a slow cooker. Add lighter vegetables.
- Cook the ingredients for 6 hours at a low setting.
- Add green portions of the scallions, orzo. You may find it easy to add pasta directly to our slow cooker but a yummier choice is to make the orzo on the side and adding it as eaten. I find when pasta sits in a soup for few days it gets mushy and the broth gets starchy.
- Cook with the green scallions for another ½ an hour at a low setting.
Note: Recipe is referenced from NewLeafWellness
For more sugar-free, nutritious and wholesome Soups, Stews and Curries,
you may want to try the
Learn how to enjoy cooking in an electric slow cooker with more than 85 sugar-free and hearty classics like Hungarian Goulash, Lamb Shanks 3 Ways and Thai Pumpkin Soup. Show off to friends and family with crowd pleasers like Barbecued Pulled Pork, Char Sui Pork Ribs and Spiced Lamb Shoulder. This book contains simple tips and tricks to turn your leftover meal to delicious dishes. Read more..